The leopard has a complex relationship with heraldry and its representation has changed over time. DrawShield implements the leopard as follows:
- This is treated as a synonym for Lion passant guardant and drawn the same way. This is also the case for lion leoparde.
- Natural Leopard
- (Or Spotted Leopard) is the heraldic version of the actual leopard. It may be Spotted of a different tincture, in which case it is probably best to use a construction such as a natural leopard or spotted sable
- Leopard's Head
- Is the heraldic version of the actual leopard's head.
- Leopard (head) jessant de lys
- Is the peculiar but common Heraldic charge consisting of a Leopard's Head pierced by a fleur-de-lys. The Fleur-de-lys can be a different tincture, e.g. a leopard's head gules jessant-de-lys or.
Click on an image to be redirected to the Create Page to find artist credits.