Another question for the community,....
Posted to: The Google+ Heraldry Community
Posted by: Marc-André Laverdière
Created on: August 17 2015 at 14:27
Can you list the traditions that exist regarding additaments? Here is what I can recall:
- Heralds / Kings of Arms get batons behind the shield
- Helm according to rank (+ chapeau / coronet if applicable)
- Clergy get an ecclesial hat / mitre (and possibly a staff) instead of the helm
- Circlets (or Maltese Cross) if a member of the given order (e.g. Garter, Canada)
- Medals galore, as long as they're officially recognized
- Anything else?
I haven't noticed a tradition for scholars though. For instance, no academic robe instead of the mantling.
I work on Drawshield.net in return for coffee, but I need actual $$$ for the server...
Please donate to make sure we don't run out of either!