LINCOLN COLLEGE (Co. Oxford).
LINCOLN COLLEGE (Co. Oxford). (Founded 1429, by Hugh Fleming, then Bishop of Lincoln.) The escutcheon divided paleways into three parts, the centre argent, thereon the arms of the see of Lincoln, ensigned with a mitre, all proper, on the dexter side the arms of Richard Fleming, Bishop of Lincoln, viz. : barry of six argent and azure in chief three lozenges gules, in the fesse point a mullet pierced sable, the sinister side vert three stags statant, two and one or : being the arms of Thomas Scott, otherwise Rotherham, who first was Bishop of Rochester, afterwards Bishop of Lincoln, then Archbishop of York, and Chancellor of England, Privy Seal to Edward IV., and at length a Cardinal. He finished the college, and in 1479 refounded and liberally endowed it.
[Recorded in the College of Arms, at the Visitation of the County of Oxford, 1574. As to the division of the shield, refer to the note sub Brazenose College.]
Original Source bookofpublicarms00foxd_djvu.txt near line 15189.